Welcome to Camp Kirstin, a stay home Mum's attempt to keep Summer fun and the children busy without making lots of mess and spending too much money

Sunday 3 May 2020

National Sports Day - Part 2

Thursday to Saturday

Thursday (nearly there, honest) YouTube workout day.  Tam sent us a video of her following on to a BBC archive Tony Brit video, read about him here (it's worth it for the 'teabag' crop top) so Rose and I followed on with Tam, all in our lock down goggles of course.  Jacob and I did Yoga for seniors with Adrienne, I enjoyed it, Jacob didn't.

Friday was retro sports day.  Tam did the egg and spoon race with a teaspoon (I think) and a left over tiny nougat Easter egg.  Rose hula hooped, note the lock down goggles, pictured here for the first time, but probably not the last:

We Parkers also did the egg and spoon race and I tried to teach the kids to do the three legged race.  I cannot post it here as the file exceeds the maximum size, it probably doesn't, it's so rubbish I expect that Google has censored it.  Apply in person and I'll send it to you, it's worth it!

So on Saturday we had our closing ceremonies, our National dish was proudly eaten and UPP cup cakes were given out.  There was a squabble around who should get first and second but in the end I gave first prize to Rose for fully participating in every day, Jacob was disqualified for doing the wrong sort of racket on Wednesday and he couldn't find the email where I allowed noise and fraudulent activity so he had no legal leg to stand on.  Here's Rose receiving her prize:
Prize winner
So that brings National Sports Day to a close.  Hang on tight for National Math Day next Saturday, this will be hosted by Jacob.

See you next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment