Welcome to Camp Kirstin, a stay home Mum's attempt to keep Summer fun and the children busy without making lots of mess and spending too much money

Monday 5 August 2013

Week Five - Outdoor Activities

Blimey, I was so relieved to get history week over and done with that I didn't even summarize it.  So, to sum up, it was not popular, Jacob said the only good bit was eating chocolate brownies.  I think he was cross because I didn't include making ourselves into mummies with toilet roll.  Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

This week is a bit of a cop out really but I thought we'd make the most of our fabulous surroundings and get outside.  Here's the list.
  • Go to the beach
  • Play mini golf
  • Go canoeing
  • Make your own picnic then go somewhere and eat it
  • See how many playgrounds we can visit in one day
Jacob has a National Trust book of 50 things to do before you're 11 and 3 quarters so we might go through that and tick some off and I'll try to come up with some related crafts.  That's feeble isnt it, obviously I didn't spend all of my week off researching for this!

Actually this is entry is partly Day One because we spent a couple of hours on the beach this morning where we made a basin irrigation system.  I have no photos as the beach is no place for an iPad but we have now ordered a new laptop and it should be business as usual with the rubbish camera from Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment